The Sharpal® Leather Honing Strop is designed for honing edged tools to a fine edge. Comes complete with a genuine cowhide leather strop, a sturdy beech block and an anti-slip rubber pad. Includes a specialised buffing compound for polishing edged tools to a mirror finish. PLEASE NOTE: This is a set of 12 Sharpal® Leather Honing Strops.
- Made from genuine cowhide leather for a razor edge
- Vegetable tanned and fine ground process for smooth and flat leather surface
- Sturdy beech block with anti-slip rubber pad
- Includes 57g (2 Oz.) green buffing compound for mirror polish finish
- Pack of 12 Sharpal® Leather Honing Strops
- Hold the bevel against the surface of the strop with light pressure and move the blade away from the cutting edge.
- Turn the blade over and do the same on the other side.
- The process is the same on any stropping surface, with or without a honing compound.
- Never move the blade toward the cutting edge as it will cut into the strop, resulting in dulling of the edge and damage to the strop.
- A few strokes are usually sufficient
- A strop is recommended to be used before you even think your edge is dull.
- Used consistently, it is a key step in maintaining a razor sharp edge.